I need to measure distances on screen quite often. And I use kruler for this. But sometimes I need to measure angles. For example, since I've implemented visualization of shooting direction for gallery on this site I have to determine azimuth for every photo. Unfortunately my camera is not equipped with compass but I do remember it's position. So with map and screen protractor I could easily find out everything I need. Unfortunately I couldn't find protractor for linux. Only mac and windows versions and, as far as I can remember, they were shareware. At some moment I've become tired of estimating azimuth with naked eye and I've written my own screen protractor.
- Angle can be measured in degrees or radians
- Adjustable position of zero point
- Adjustable positive direction
- Mouse capture
QProtractor is written on QT. Builds are available for:
- Move protractor with left mouse button pressed.
- Rotate protractor with right mouse button pressed. Watch for current rotation angle near top edge of the tool.
- Resize protractor with scroll.
- Use double click to grab mouse control and measure angle by pointing target with cursor.
- Use right mouse button click for menu.
Adjust protractor to your needs and use menu->"Save state" to make this configuration default.